Have you noticed that your office is looking dingy, dusty or downright dirty? It may be time to call in the professionals who can help restore your office to sparkling. Hiring a professional cleaning service can help your office run more smoothly and productively, all while maintaining a cleaner, healthier environment for your employees and customers.
We’re going to look more closely at what professional cleaning services include and some of the reasons you may want to consider hiring a professional cleaning service for your office. We’ll also discuss some of the ways you can find the best cleaning service in your area to partner with.
What Professional Cleaning Services Entail
Commercial office cleaning services can help keep your office clean in both expected and possibly unexpected ways. Let’s look at several services that should be included when you have your office professionally cleaned:
- Dusting furniture: Dust builds up quickly. It settles on desks, computers, copiers, file cabinets, tables and any other surfaces throughout your office. That accumulated dust can then cause your office to look dirty and can compromise your office’s air quality. Fortunately, professional cleaning services include dusting, so the surfaces in your office can shine instead of collect dust.
- Vacuuming and mopping floors: Carpeted floors can also hold onto dust and grime, so vacuuming is a must. If you have tile, vinyl, concrete or wood floors, then it’s likely more obvious to you when your floors become dirty from foot traffic or messes that occur throughout the week. Professional cleaners will also mop your floors.
- Bathroom cleaning: A cleaning service should also improve cleanliness in your office bathroom by wiping down sinks, mopping floors and possibly even scrubbing toilets. A bathroom should provide a refreshing atmosphere for both employees and customers, so maintaining clean bathrooms should be a priority for any business.
- Break room/kitchen cleaning: Another area that should provide a relaxing atmosphere in an office is the break room and kitchen. Unfortunately, however, any area where people eat can become sticky and dirty pretty quickly. This is especially true when employees heat up lunches in the microwave. A professional cleanin
g service will wipe down countertops and tables and even clean out that grimy microwave.
- Disinfecting surfaces: Cleanliness isn’t just about what you can see. It’s also about hygiene. Surfaces across the office, including phones and light switches, can harbor germs and even spread illnesses. Professional cleaners will disinfect these surfaces so they look clean and no longer hold onto harmful germs and bacteria.
- Window washing: Windows can be a real asset to your office since they allow natural light in and can even improve employee morale. Windows get dirty, though, and need to be cleaned periodically. Professional cleaning services will wipe down windows so they appear clear and free of smudges and can allow a maximum amount of light in.
Since every office is different, you may have other cleaning needs you can discuss with a cleaning service you plan to hire. Some cleaning services will take more of a one-size-fits-all approach, but at Mr. Maid, we look at your particular workplace and take note of your unique cleaning needs so that we can offer a tailored cleaning plan for your office.
Benefits of Having Your Office Cleaned
Why is keeping a clean office essential for your business? There are some important benefits to maintaining a clean office for you and your employees, which range from the physical to the psychological. There are also benefits when it comes to the impression you give customers, clients, business partners or anyone else who visits your office. Here are three major benefits you can cash in on when you have a professional service help keep your office clean.
1. Better Health and Hygiene
One major reason to keep your workplace clean is that a clean space is a healthier, safer place for you and your employees. Let’s first look at the problems that can occur when you don’t clean regularly.
Dust will build up throughout your office, contributing to poor air quality. About 20 million Americans are allergic to dust mites, which can make the respiratory issues they experience from dust more severe. Another problem is that germs will collect on surfaces, especially places many people touch, like light switches, doorknobs or buttons on the copy machine. When these germs are allowed to run rampant in your office, employees are more likely to contract illnesses from their coworkers or customers who have visited the office.
When your office is cleaned regularly, you’ll enjoy improved air quality and a more hygienic atmosphere. Employees can breathe cleaner air and avoid contracting illnesses from germs.
2. A More Positive Atmosphere
It isn’t just your employees’ physical health that can benefit from a clean office — their mental health can benefit as well. You’ve probably noticed the difference in your mental state at home when your house is clean versus when it is messy. That’s because there is a powerful psychology behind cleanliness.
People have a tendency to connect their physical environment with their mental state. A cluttered, dirty office can feel chaotic and contribute to stress. In contrast, a clean, organized environment tends to promote better focus and can lower stress and anxiety for employees. When employees work at a clean desk, heat up their lunch in a clean microwave, eat off of a clean table and notice clean surfaces throughout their office, they’re likely to internalize that feeling of order.
Better focus and mental health at work translate to increased productivity, which is good news for employers, as well. Let your employees know you care about them and know they deserve to work in a clean environment by hiring a professional cleaning service.
3. A Professional Appearance
We’ve focused so far on the benefits of a clean office for workers, but in many cases, workers aren’t the only ones in an office. Depending on the type of office, you may also invite clients, customers or patients into your office space.
While you may be used to dusty wall hangings or a grimy reception desk, clients that walk through the door are more likely to take notice of the state of your office. The old adage “cleanliness is next to godliness” is a good indicator of the level of importance many people place on cleanliness, so you can bet that your office’s level of cleanliness will serve to either impress or put off some customers.
A clean office communicates that your company is responsible and has attention to detail. When you want to project this professional image, having your office cleaned regularly is a must.
Reasons to Outsource Your Office Cleaning Services
We’ve established why it’s so important to keep your office clean, but you may be wondering whether you should hire a professional office cleaner. Can your employees take care of cleaning tasks instead? Some workplaces choose to place this responsibility on their employees rather than hire a cleaning service. Sometimes offices use a chore chart that assigns different tasks to different employees on a regular or rotating basis.
While you may be able to find ways to have your employees take on cleaning duties, there are some important reasons why you’re better off to hire a commercial cleaning service. Let’s take a look at three major benefits of outsourcing your cleaning services.
1. Your Office Will Stay Cleaner
One reason to hire a cleaning service is that your office will undoubtedly be cleaner than if you relied on employees to do the work. For one, employees can get caught up in their usual work and forget to clean, despite your carefully-created chore chart.
Even if employees do complete their cleaning tasks, they’re not likely to clean as thoroughly as professionals would. Cleaning professionals not only have specialized cleaning experience — but they also have access to equipment and cleaning products you likely don’t have at your office. When you want your office to feel and look professionally clean, you need professional cleaners. It’s as simple as that.
2. The Cleaning Company Will Take on Liability
Another reason for hiring a cleaning company that may be less obvious is that it simplifies the issue of liability. You’re required to have worker’s compensation insurance for your employees, but the exact coverages you have will be related to your industry. Janitorial tasks involve their own set of risks that may not otherwise be covered by your insurance. For example, your employees may not be well-versed in the proper way to use cleaning chemicals.
When you hire a professional cleaning company, their employees have specialized knowledge to help them clean in a manner that is effective and safe. If the company is bonded and insured, then you can rest easy, knowing that any liability issues involved with cleaning will be shifted to your cleaning company.
3. Your Productivity Will Improve
Another reason to outsource cleaning is that it will free you and your employees up to focus on the tasks that are vital to the running of your business. Employees can become annoyed when they are asked to clean. After all, that’s not what they were hired for. They want to keep making progress on the projects and tasks that add value to your company.
When you hire a professional service to take care of cleaning, you won’t have to spend time creating elaborate cleaning charts or checking up on employees to see if chores were completed — and your employees won’t have to spend their time cleaning. Instead, you can dedicate all of your time to more relevant tasks, increasing your productivity.
For businesses, improved productivity directly translates into an improved bottom line, so keep that in mind if you’re worried about the cost of hiring a professional cleaner. To learn more about pricing, request a commercial cleaning quote from Mr. Maid.
Selecting a Professional Commercial Cleaning Company
Once you’ve decided to hire a professional cleaning company, you need to choose which company to hire. There are several factors to pay attention to that can help you select the right choice. These factors include:
- Location: First, you may want to conduct an online search that identifies cleaning services in your area. You’ll likely find a few national or regional chains along with cleaning businesses located in your city. When you’re considering a company, make sure your office is within the geographical area they service.
- Size: Another factor to consider is the size. Sizes of cleaning companies will range from the national chains, which can employ hundreds of individuals, to single-person operations. You want the company to be small enough that they provide the individualized attention and customer service you deserve. However, you also want them to be big enough that they can handle insurance as well as provide cleaning products and other advantages you get with a cleaning service versus an individual cleaner.
- Reviews: Online reviews can also play an important role in helping you identify the right cleaning service for you. In addition to reviews you find on Google and online review platforms, check the company’s website for testimonials that can give you an idea of what sets this company apart from the competition. You may also want to ask friends and colleagues for their personal recommendations.
- Professionalism: You also want to make sure you choose a cleaning company that exudes professionalism in all they do. First, make sure they are bonded and insured. This is a must for all professional cleaning companies. They should also communicate and relate to their clients in a professional manner. It’s helpful to take note of the way they communicate when you reach out to request a quote or ask a question.
- Price: Finally, when comparing cleaning companies, you’ll want to consider price. Request a quote from each company you’re considering, and make sure it’s based on an accurate description of your office’s cleaning needs. Remember, though, price isn’t everything. Your total satisfaction is paramount, so paying a little more is well worth it in some circumstances.
In addition to paying attention to these qualities, you can also ask specific questions to learn more about a cleaning service you’re considering. For example, you may want to ask whether you can expect the same person or team to come to your office each time, or whether they may send different people each time. Having the same cleaning professional come each time can be helpful for maintaining familiarity and comfort in your office and ensuring they know their way around.
Contact Mr. Maid to Keep Your Pittsburgh Office Pristine
If you’re looking for commercial cleaners in Pittsburgh, PA to help keep your office pristine, Mr. Maid is here to help. We’re a professional cleaning service based right here in the Burgh. We guarantee our clients’ satisfaction, so you can be sure we’ll bring out the best in your Pittsburgh office. Your employees and anyone who walks through your doors will appreciate the attention to detail and thorough cleaning you can expect from Mr. Maid.
When you partner with our company, you can also expect the same professional cleaner to come to your office each time so you can enjoy familiarity and consistency in addition to the deep cleaning your office needs. Call us at 412-837-8297 or contact us online today to learn more about how our Pittsburgh commercial cleaners can help your office shine.